In order for us to be able to resume playing, we have adopted the following rules and policies. COVID-19 has complicated all phases of life for everyone and every activity – CCPC is no exception. We all look forward to the day when this page can come down but, for now, these rules will be strictly enforced.
Masks Required at all times: Wear masks during arrival at the Park, during socializing between games, and when playing with members.
1. Composition of teams: Singles and doubles play only; no triples.
2. Separation: Always maintain 6 feet of separation between players.
3. Measuring: Each player use his or her own measuring tools; when a player is measuring, don’t hover over the measuring but continue to maintain 6 feet of separation.
4. After completion of an end: move circle 6 feet from the last jack location, so players can maintain 6 feet of separation while picking up boules.
5. Boule protection: Don’t touch any boules other than your own.
6. Jack protection: Designate one player the handler of the jack, preferably his or her own jack.
7. Circle protection: Designate one player the mover of the circle. Option: rather than use a plastic circle, draw the circle.
8. Scoreboard protection: Designate one player the score keeper. Most members have their own personal set of scoring pegs.
9. Disinfectant availability: Keep disinfectant or soap and water handy to disinfect jack, boules, or circle if accidentally touched by another player.
10. Masks: Wear masks during arrival at the Park, during socializing between games, and when playing with members.
President, Classic City Petanque Club